Sunday, May 22, 2011

Daniel

I was definitely rescued from oblivion by God on October 3rd of 2010.
And yet I still feel very much in a dark place.
It was quite confusing to me--if I've been rescued, why do I still feel as though I need to be rescued?

And then I was praying the other night and realized the perfect analogy for this feeling.
It's like Daniel in the lion's den.
When he was first tossed into that hole and darkness gripped him, he must have been terrified. But God stopped the lions from eating him. That was his rescue moment. But Daniel still had to chill in there in the dark and right in front of danger all night long. My night just isn't over yet.

So all I have to do is wait for God to roll away the stone and trust that He's still got them lions in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment