Sunday, June 20, 2010

NEW HOME

sorta.

it's weird now that everytime i'm hungry i have to actually think of something to make for myself instead of a place to go and get food.

hrmm.. so on saturday i drove up to berkeley by myselfffff
and that was scary and boring and long and tiring and made my back hurttttt.
and audrey helped me unload my car and get all my shtuffs upupup the stairs and into our teensie apartment, which, once we got more and more organized, looks less teensie.
the previous tenants turned this place into a shipwreck by the end of their three year stay; hopefully we will be better about neatness and cleanliness.
i'm on the right track though, spent a lot of time yesterday and today getting my stuff together. need to get a better system for my clothes tho. currently i have drawers for unmentionables, hangers in my closet for a third of my clothing, and the rest of it is just in a box on the floor of my closet. yay!

in the past twenty four hours i have driven around and around and around to all kinds of places for shopping and all that jazz.
went to target last night for a shower curtain so audrey could shower. then realized that we didnt buy the rings to attach it to our rod... so we had to go back in the morning. FAIL.
went grocery shopping whilst at target last night. and also at trader joe's this morning. grocery's are a lot cheaper than you'd think. i'm surprised it's so expensive to eat out all the timeee, just cook for yourself and save money!!
also tried to go to ralph's market... my gps took us to ralphs market. which was like a little liquor store type dealio. haha so we turned around
went on campus to go online, saw a dog being groomed in front of Dwinelle, came back and ate pasta, got internet, did a homework assignment for stats, picked up a friend from the airport, had in n out for dinner, came home and figured out wireless router business (audrey's a genius), and now i'm updating about my day!

hrmmm...
it's nice to have my own place to call home, but it' FRIKKEN stressful to remember about parking and whatnot. T-T
i hope i can get a permit to park in the street soon, because everywhere else is expensiveeee AND i have to move my car a lot otherwise. every two hours basically. *sigh*
ugh, and i have to think about schoooooool. ew.

i miss everyone already, can't wait for a visit! ^^

1 comment: