Thursday, January 27, 2011

my first post of the year yay

so i went to new york and saw some sights and skipped others and ate pretty much EVERYTHING and laughed and sang a lot and danced a little and shivered and thawed and got another tat and had snow thrown at me and saw someone puke in a street and basically had a marvelous time.

but now it's got me to thinking...
you know how there are a bunch of things you think of as "stuff to see in NYC"? like... empire state building, ground zero memorial, statue of liberty, natural history museum, the met, broadway, central park, etc.
well what are the "stuff to see in LA"?

here's what i can think of so far:
-Getty
-LACMA (even if you dont go inside, the lights in front are worth the trip i think)
-Santa Monica pier
-3rd Street Promenade at night
-KTown (for FOOD)
-Hollywood (like the chinese theater/sidewalk with the stars)
-Disneyland i suppose
-Maybe Griffith observatory?

and i can't think of anything else. I guess because LA is so spread out there are a lot of things you can do depending on what kind of person you are, and also a lot of things that you might want to do but that it's so far you would rather not go spur of the moment (which explains why i'm bored a lot). If you're convicted that I missed something (or a lot of things), which I don't doubt, do me a favor and comment what i'm missing? I'd like to see what you guys think is sight seeing worthy in LA.



p.s. sorry for being mia for so long. blogging wasn't really the first thing on my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Bradbury Building, Grand Central Market, Art District, Little Tokyo, Bona Vista lounge @Bonaventure Hotel, Great Wall mural, and many more.

    Also, the "must-sees" of LA can branch out to Echo Park, Silverlake, Los Feliz, and all the outlying neighborhoods. What part of LA are you referring to, exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Disneyland part of LA? I consider more a part of SoCal as a whole than LA

    ReplyDelete